Professor, Laboratory of Powder Technology
Faculty of Construction
Riga Technical University
Azenes iela 20, room 331
Riga, LV 1048
Phone: +371 708 9270
Fax: +371 241 4311
Born: October 7, 1941, Tver, Russia
Interests in inventing:
- New methods of material processing and development of new materials
- Equipment for obtaining impulsive magnetic fields and their utilization
Equipment for obtaining impulsive magnetic fields and their utilization for:
- Powder pressing
- Welding, soldering, riveting
New methods of material processing:
- Production of powder-like coating
- Stirring and separation of crumbly materials
- Packing tight of powder-like materials
Development of new materials:
- Composite materials
- Super hard materials
- Lapping elements containing diamonds
- Filamentous powders from industrial wastes
Selection of patent documents:
Total: 148 author certificates of USSR, 8 Latvian and 2 Russian patents
- Methods for the production of metal-ceramic components. Authors’ certificates of USSR Nr. 382470, B22 f. 3/14; 386708, B22 f. 3/12; 387788, B22 f. 3/26.
- Methods for producing alloyed components. Authors’ certificates of USSR Nr. 404565, B22 f. 3/02; 532200, B22 f. 3/14; 662269, B22 f. 3/02; 1284094.
- Methods for producing tubular ware from powder-like materials. Authors’ certificates of USSR Nr. 443549, B22 f. 3/14, B21 26/14; 1166400.
- Centrifugal device for forming powder-like materials. Authors’ certificates of USSR Nr. 1014188, B22 f. 3/06; 498095, B22 f. 3/06, B30, B9/28; 665980, B22 f. 3/06; 1006064, B22f 3/06, B30 B15/02.
- Device for pressing powder-like materials. Authors’ certificates of USSR Nr. 449774, B22 f. 3/08, B30 15/02; 772717; 803248, B22 f. 3/08; 1005373.
- Methods for pressing powder-like materials. Authors’ certificates of USSR Nr. 112227161, B22 f. 3/024; 420478, B30b 13/00; 1156312.
About the inventions The process of magnetic impulseformation lasts only for a few tens of microseconds; as to the speed it can be compared only to processing with an explosion. During the processing the metal becomes plastic, it flows and acquires the shape of a matrix. The process is universal. Different operations connected with the metal processing under pressure as well as powder-like material mixing, packing and moving in the space can be performed with the help of the impulsive magnetic field.